2021 has already been a strange year for many An Lanntair staff, some of us haven’t even set foot in the building this year let alone put on a gig!
We are all really looking forward to the day we can reopen and welcome people back to the arts centre. However, in the meantime we would like to raise money for an amazing local charity that has worked so hard since the pandemic hit, Western Isles Association for Mental Health.
Throughout the lockdowns and uncertainty of the past year, WIAMH has continued to provide mental health support and services to so many local residents across the islands. This work is so important – we agreed as a team that we would like to support this organisation to continue these activities at this challenging time for our communities.
WIAMH is a small but very important locally-based charity located on the Isle of Lewis. The organisation embraces the recovery model and works in partnership with a range of statutory and third sector agencies to support people experiencing mental ill health and substance misuse issues.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
Our staff will be doing a range of challenges, some creative, some physical, for our fundraiser this year. An Lanntair’s beautiful building on Stornoway waterfront will be 16 years old this year, so all of our challenges are focused on the number 16 – check them out below!
- Ainslie will be doing her local lockdown walk each day for 16 days in a row.
- Alex will be posting 16 tracks in 16 days on social media of An Lanntair’s music and performing arts programme.
- Alicia, Elly and Robbie will be running a 16 mile challenge.
- Calum will be doing a 16 mile walking challenge across the Pentland Road collecting litter along the way.
- Catriona will be doing an hour of dancing every day for 16 days to create 16 short dance routines.
- Danielle will be doing a 5k run 16 days in a row.
- DC will be doing his favourite local lockdown walk 16 days in a row, collecting litter along the way each day.
- Heather H will be walking a 16 mile challenge.
- Heather M will be collecting 16 bags of litter whilst walking around the Castle Grounds.
- Joe will be walking to work from Point 3 days in a row (16 miles).
- Lynda will be tap dancing for one hour for 16 days in a row.
- Moira, Sandra, Catriona and Joe will be leading Coffee Break Craft sessions online.
All of the funds we raise will go to Western Isles Association for Mental Health.
If you would like to send us a message of support or even donate a few ££s then please head to our Just Giving page!