CLÀR / PLATFORM
Ever wanted to know what’s involved in making a documentary? Where to start with composing a soundtrack? Or how to use a lighting desk to hype up a crowd?
Clàr / Platform is a new multimedia project for creative young people who are interested in getting into film, streaming, content creation, production skills and organising events.
Based at An Lanntair, this is an opportunity to learn new skills from experienced professionals in the creative industries and have your ideas at the centre of the work that we make together.
We are looking for open minded people aged 14 – 25 who are excited by the possibilities of working in digital media to join our inclusive and collaborative team.
What we do:
Clàr / Platform is a new multimedia project for creative young people who are interested in getting into film, streaming, content creation, production skills and organising events. It’s a group that meets on a weekly basis to decide on the kind of work we are going to focus on, the outcomes we will create and the kinds of skills we need to learn to get there. We are led by our participants and tailor the focus of our activities to suit the interests and abilities of the people who attend. Every couple of weeks we will create a live video program using all of the content that we have created which will be shared through An Lanntair’s digital channels.
What kind of things will we explore?
– Recording live gigs and exhibitions then interviewing the artists and musicians involved.
– Curating and producing live events in An Lanntair
– Script development, pre-production and planning sessions
– Masterclasses and shadowing from camera operators, sound engineers and lighting designers
– Using creative software such as Ableton, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Touchdesigner, Fusion 360
– Dedicated electronic music tuition from practising musicians and DJs
– Experimenting with platforms like Arduino and Teensy
Who can take part?:
Anyone aged 14 – 25 in Lewis and Harris with an interest in our project is encouraged to join. We don’t require any previous experience.