A lunchtime flavour odyssey for Faclan Fringe with award-winning chef Ghillie Basan, whose books have been nominated for the Glenfiddich Guild of Food Writers and Cordon Bleu Awards.
Finger Food on the slate to pair with whisky. To start: –
- smoked salmon with green juniper cream;
- whisky and spice cured venison;
- rose-scented poached apricot filled with harissa labna;
- grapes pickled with spices; seared scallop marinated in ginger and soy;
- a drop of raspberry chaat;
- tangy cheese with saffron pear.
To follow: –
- a bowl of butternut squash laksa, and
- an orange and date salad to refresh the palate, (leading nicely into)
- a slice of chocolate fridge cake tinged with orange zest to complete the meal.
The sequence is designed to accompany Captain’s Reserve whisky for a real flavour journey as described in Ghillie’s book. She will talk guests through the flavours.
(The whisky as an accompaniment is – of course – optional)
Please note that entry to this event is not included in the festival pass for Faclan: the Hebridean Book Festival.