Following the economic collapse of a company town in rural Nevada, Fern (Frances McDormand) packs her van and sets off on the road exploring a life outside of conventional society as a modern-day nomad. The third feature film from director Chloé Zhao, NOMADLAND features real nomads Linda May, Swankie and Bob Wells as Fern’s mentors and comrades in her exploration through the vast landscape of the American West.
Nomadland premiered on September 11, 2020, at the Venice Film Festival, where it won the Golden Lion. It also won the People’s Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival, making it the first film ever to win the top prize at both Venice and Toronto.
Director: Chloe Zhao
Duration: 1h 48m
Lea lives in a rainforest and likes to run around on mossy rocks and trees. After she inevitably falls, a bunch of home-dwellers take her in for some patching up. But Lea doesn’t care for the boring company of these folks who never go to the wet forest.
Recommended for ages 8 years and over
Director/Writer: María Teresa Salcedo Montero
Language: Finnish and English subtitles
An Lanntair Cinema: COVID-Safety guidelines:
– Bookings must only be made for a maximum of 10 people from one household, (children under 12 are exempt from this)
– 2m distancing must be observed at all times and facemasks worn (unless eating/drinking, under-5, or medically unable to do so)
– Customers must take allocated seats to ensure household groups are socially distanced
– Cinema snacks and drinks are available to purchase from the Café/Bar
– Cinema stewards will not require physical tickets, but will ask for name and order number
– You will be asked for your contact details for Test and Protect when making your booking