In 1965, a seemingly typical middle-aged suburbanite in Cleveland, Ohio, threw caution to the wind and set sail on a solo voyage across the Atlantic, in a 13½ foot wooden boat called ‘Tinkerbelle’. Newspaperman Robert Manry’s goal was to sail from Falmouth in the US to Falmouth in the UK, and his 78-day epic journey will capture the hearts of ocean lovers, adventurers and dreamers alike.
UK Premiere at HIFF21
Duration: 43 mins
Filmmaker: Steve Wystrach
Mantry At Sea – In the Wake of a Dream 2018
Found / Berneray Archive Film
The FAODAIL | FOUND Outer Hebrides Archive Film project has, thanks to the most generous donations to the crowdfunding campaign, digitised the Berneray 8mm archive film collection, donated by Gloria MacKillop, to a superb 4k definition quality.
Gloria MacKillop was delighted to see for the first time footage of her 1968 wedding. The silent 8mm colour films, shot over two decades (1960-78) by Bill & Ann Scott during almost annual family holidays in Berneray, document many aspects of island life at that time including sheep shearing on small islands in the Sound of Harris, the arrival of the coal boat and often repeated scenes of leaving Berneray around the pier.
Curated by: Andy Mackinnon, Uist Film
An Lanntair Cinema: COVID-Safety guidelines:
– Bookings must only be made for a maximum of 10 people from one household, (children under 12 are exempt from this)
– 2m distancing must be observed at all times and facemasks worn (unless eating/drinking, under-5, or medically unable to do so)
– Customers must take allocated seats to ensure household groups are socially distanced
– Cinema snacks and drinks are available to purchase from the Café/Bar
– Cinema stewards will not require physical tickets, but will ask for name and order number
– You will be asked for your contact details for Test and Protect when making your booking