Limbo is a wry and poignant observation of the refugee experience, set on a fictional remote Scottish island where a group of new arrivals await the results of their asylum claims.
It centres on Omar (Amir El-Masry), a young Syrian musician who is burdened by his grandfather’s oud, the king of Arabic music instruments, which he has carried all the way from his homeland.
Director: Ben Sharrock
Country: United Kingdom
Duration: 1h 44m
Welcome to Gwichyaa Zhee
Having seen first hand the effects of oil and gas development in his native territory, a Navajo activist lends his support to the Gwich’in of Alaska as they fight to defend their home against similar despoliation.
Greg Balkin, Len Necefer
United States | English | 2019 | Documentary
An Lanntair Cinema: COVID-Safety guidelines:
– Bookings must only be made for a maximum of 10 people from one household, (children under 12 are exempt from this)
– 2m distancing must be observed at all times and facemasks worn (unless eating/drinking, under-5, or medically unable to do so)
– Customers must take allocated seats to ensure household groups are socially distanced
– Cinema snacks and drinks are available to purchase from the Café/Bar
– Cinema stewards will not require physical tickets, but will ask for name and order number
– You will be asked for your contact details for Test and Protect when making your booking