Launch! On The Sea With Scotland’s Lifeboats dives into archive footage of RNLI crews, with an immersive soundtrack from some of the UK’s most exciting contemporary musicians.
Directed by award-winning curator Shona Thomson, the film has been two years in the making with unprecedented access to the RNLI’s own archives. 1920s film is woven with 1960s colour promos and breath-taking digital video captured by RNLI crews’ 21st century helmet cameras whilst out on the wild sea.
Launch! celebrates the dedication of Scotland’s volunteer crews and the communities that support them including a glimpse of Stornoway.
An Lanntair Cinema is screening Launch! as a fundraising event and proceeds from the event will be donated to Stornoway RNLI.
Directed by: Shona Thomson
An Lanntair Cinema: COVID-Safety guidelines:
- 2m distancing must be observed at all times and facemasks worn (unless eating/drinking, under-5, or medically unable to do so).
- Customers must take allocated seats to ensure groups are socially distanced.
- Customers are reminded of current Scottish Government guidelines on social gatherings of 3 household maximum.
- Cinema snacks and drinks are available to purchase from the Café/Bar.
- Cinema stewards will not require physical tickets, but will ask for name and order number.
- You will be asked for your contact details for Test and Protect when making your booking.