Greetings from Full Circle Family Music online!
In response to many of you saying how much you’re missing our music classes; we’ve prepared two video sessions for you to be able to enjoy at home!
The videos are available to download onto your computer/device to avoid any connection or buffering issues. Each session lasts around 30 minutes and follows the structure that your family is used to, beginning with the ball-rolling game and ending with a story.
Play the videos whenever you like and as many times as you like. Use them as part of your weekly or even daily routine. Repetition is good – it’s the best way to learn – and though practice doesn’t always make perfect, we can guarantee it will make things easier.
Of course, it won’t be the same as our shared music-making in real time, but hopefully it will bring some sense of continuity, which will reap rewards when we’re together again after the lockdown is over, cho sona ri luchag an lofa!
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your virtual Family Music session:
- Make sure you’ve cleared the area where you’re going to be sitting, with enough space for you to get up and move around and dance without tripping.
- Make sure your laptop, or whatever you’re watching it on, is plugged in (it will be so disappointing if your battery goes when you’re in mid song) and your phone is switched off so there won’t be any interruptions/distractions.
- Grown-ups – you need to sing along and dance around too! We can’t see what you’re doing – you’re in the privacy of your own home, so it doesn’t matter what you think you look like.
- Don’t expect your child to participate if you’re not participating with them!
Before you get going, you will need to find four things from around the house: Something to…
- roll (like our ball) – a tin can will do if you haven’t got a ball
- tap (like our claves) – maybe some wooden spoons
- wave or shake (for Video 1or 2) – a scarf or comforter / beads or pasta in a tub
- beat (like our drums) – a plastic storage container