The one-and-only Miss Irenie Rose continues An Lanntair’s Forecourt Gig series on Saturday June 19, set to deliver an afternoon of live music al fresco.
Growing up in Lewis in a musical household – Irenie’s older sister is fiddler Elsa Jean McTaggart – the singer/songwriter has been said to sound like both Joni Mitchell and Joan Baez, and delights fans with her unique quirky and at times whimsical style.
She first performed her own songs in 2010, and since then has gone on to support musicians like Nathaniel Rateliff, Ben Howard, Rachel Sermanni, Manran, and Larkin Poe amongst others.
Irenie was previously shortlisted for the Radio Two Young Folk Musician of the Year award, and has played at festivals and tv/radio shows around the UK, as well as in Sweden, Belgium, and Austria.
Now it’s time for Miss Irenie Rose to make a welcome return to An Lanntair!
An Lanntair’s Forecourt Gigs are FREE to attend, but spaces are limited and booking a ticket is essential. Please note that strict social distancing and health and safety measures will be in place.
Please read the below details carefully:
– The gig will take place on An Lanntair’s forecourt, which will be cordoned off to the public.
– There will be 30 seats available – please only book to sit with your household and adhere to Scottish Protection Level 0 guidance.
– Please do attend if you have booked a ticket – if you know you won’t be able to make it, please let us know and we can pass your ticket to someone else.
– Please only attend if you have a ticket.
– There will be a one-way system in place with one entrance and one exit to the forecourt.
– We have consulted Scottish Government guidance and the local authority. Stewards will be on hand to guide ticket holders and answer any questions you may have.
– Test and Protect contact details will be collected.