It seems like a long time ago now, but it was only last February that we welcomed Indie-music royalty to An Lanntair’s stage as renowned music producer Alan McGee spent an evening in conversation with Lewis music-man Charlie Clark.
Fast-forward to 2021 and Charlie has launched new single Don’t Have A Cow, Man! on McGee’s It’s Creation Baby label – with new solo album Late Night Drinking to follow later this year – and we look forward to hearing some of his new music, and no doubt old favourites, as he joins us for our second alfresco Forecourt Gig!
A multi-talented songwriter, musician, promoter and more, Charlie first rose to prominence in the 1990s as a founding member of indie-pop foursome Astrid; which later became part of the core line-up of Scottish supergroup The Reindeer Section, alongside members of Snow Patrol, Belle & Sebastian, Teenage Fanclub, and The Vaselines.
Charlie has previously guested on records by artists such as The Zephyrs, Arab Strap, Mogwai, and Snow Patrol; released EP Feel Something with Edwyn Collins; and spent a number of years living and working in LA, performing with writing partner Brandi Emma as Broken Arrow, before returning home and recording again with Astrid, as well as pursuing a new direction with his solo works.
An Lanntair’s Forecourt Gigs are FREE to attend, but spaces are limited and booking a ticket is essential. Please note that strict social distancing and health and safety measures will be in place. Please read the below details carefully:
- The gig will take place on An Lanntair’s forecourt, which will be cordoned off to the public.
- There will be 20 seats – people can sit in groups of up to two households and no more than six people (including your support bubble or extended households).
- Please do attend if you have booked a ticket – if you know you won’t be able to make it, please let us know and we can pass your ticket to someone else.
- Please only attend if you have a ticket.
- There will be a one way system in place with one entrance and one exit to the forecourt.
- We have consulted Scottish Government guidance and the local authority. Stewards will be on hand to guide ticket holders and answer any questions they may have.
- Test and Protect contact details will be collected.