Amador has been imprisoned for setting fires. When he is released from prison after two years, nobody is awaiting his return.
He moves back to his hometown, a small village hidden in the mountains of rural Galicia, to live with his elderly mother, Benedicta, and their three cows. Life goes by slowly and simple, domestic routines are carried out daily. There is hope that tourists might travel to the region, as a group of villagers begin renovating local accommodation.
Amador has a chance encounter with Elena, a local veterinarian who has been studying abroad, which hints at a possible romance or at least a meaningful human connection. The rhythm of nature persists until one night when a fire starts to devastate the region and Amador is unfairly blamed for it.
Awards: ‘Special Jury Prize’- Cannes Film Festival 2019- Un Certain Regard
Director: Oliver Laxe
Writers: Santiago Fillol, Oliver Laxe
Language: Galican, with English subtitles
Country: Spain | France | Luxembourg
Duration: 1hr 26m
I am Fragile
This stunning short film showcases the spectacular landscapes and wildlife of the remote Arctic, creating a lasting visual message that will inspire all who watch it to protect this wild yet fragile region. Shot across 6,000km, from West Greenland to Canada, this is an ode to the spell-binding frozen north.
Duration: 3 min
Filmmaker: Florian Ledoux
An Lanntair Cinema: COVID-Safety guidelines:
– Bookings must only be made for a maximum of 10 people from one household, (children under 12 are exempt from this)
– 2m distancing must be observed at all times and facemasks worn (unless eating/drinking, under-5, or medically unable to do so)
– Customers must take allocated seats to ensure household groups are socially distanced
– Cinema snacks and drinks are available to purchase from the Café/Bar
– Cinema stewards will not require physical tickets, but will ask for name and order number
– You will be asked for your contact details for Test and Protect when making your booking