First of two online workshops by members of artist collective Lumen, who are exhibiting in Scotland for the first time as part of this year’s Hebridean Dark Skies Festival.
Rebecca will teach you how to use daylight to create silver gelatin photographic prints.
For this workshop you will need the following:
– Small pack of photographic paper (black and white, or colour), which can be bought online here and can also be used for Lumen’s other workshop on Saturday 20 February.
– Fixer (optional – can be bought online here)
– Tray for photographic chemicals and water, that will not be used for food.
– Objects to create shadows on the paper (circular flat objects (pennies, buttons etc), flowers, plants.
– Glass clip frame / picture frame to weigh down flowers/plants.
The Hebridean Dark Skies Festival will run from Friday 5 February to Thursday 18 February, and is led by An Lanntair in partnership with Calanais Visitor Centre, Stornoway Astronomical Society, Gallan Head Community Trust, and Lews Castle College UHI.
The Hebridean Dark Skies Festival is part-financed by the Scottish Government and the European Community Outer Hebrides LEADER 2014-2020 programme. We also want to say a huge thank you to Caledonian MacBrayne for supporting this year’s festival.