“I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!”
A Victorian family prepares a paper theatre for a performance of A Christmas Carol. The audience enters the imagination of one of the children and quickly, the cardboard stage transforms to reveal a magical world containing real dancers and stylised sets.
The classic tale unfolds in a rich tapestry of highly absorbing, theatrical drama featuring sumptuous visual effects inspired by the techniques of early cinema. In a daring twist of format, characters are portrayed by dancers and voiced by an eclectic cast of the world’s most recognisable actors.
The mix of danced action and spoken narration brings fresh dimension to Dickens’ characters and poetic language, whilst remaining true to the beauty of the author’s original narrative.
Starring: Simon Russell Beale, Andy Serkis, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Carey Mulligan, Lesley Caron, Dame Siân Phillips
An Lanntair would like to make your visit to our cinema as safe as possible. We have put a number of measures in place to ensure this, please read the below before you book:
– Please book in advance.
– Only a limited number of seats will be available.
– Our system will automatically ensure that all seats booked will be socially distanced. Audience members should only be gathering in groups of up to two households and no more than six people (including your support bubble) – adults and children over 12 from separate households must book as a separate group.
– In line with Scottish Government guidelines you must wear a face mask in the cinema, your face mask must only be removed to eat and drink.
– We are approaching this very carefully and we will be continually assessing and updating our safety measures to ensure the safety of customers and staff.
– We would like to hear from you, if you have any feedback please email email@example.com