This Eight Week Mindfulness Course is based on the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn. The core skill that you will learn is mindfulness: a way of paying attention on purpose and non-judgementally to what goes on in the present moment in your body, mind and the world around you.
Scientific research into mindfulness training consistently reveals its effectiveness in enhancing health and well-being. Some of these benefits include:
- Reductions in stress, anxiety, depression and exhaustion – and an increase in positive emotions, resilience and well-being
- A stronger immune system, helping you to fight off illness more effectively
- An increased capacity for focus, attention, learning, memory, creativity and concentration
- A greater ability to regulate your emotions and to feel kind and compassionate towards ourselves and others
- Heightened self-confidence and assertiveness.
Each course runs for 2 hours per week for 8 consecutive weeks and includes teaching, practices, and coping strategies to use in daily life. Please be aware this is not a therapy group but an evidence-based education programme. Home practice is an important element of the course.
Please contact Lucy Harness to reserve your place on 07557261193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more at :
About Lucy Harness:
Over the years I have taught yoga and mindfulness in many areas including Health and Social Care settings. I am also a qualified occupational therapist who has worked in lots of different settings including mental health and palliative care.
- Registered and practicing Occupational Therapist qualified 1994
- Diploma in Yoga Teacher Training with the British Wheel of Yoga (BWY), accredited by BWY
- Advanced Yin Yoga teacher training 2017/2018
- Diploma Yoga Therapy, Yogacampus 2017 accredited by the British Council for Yoga Therapy
- Integrating Mindfulness and Compassion in Professional Practice. Registered with CPCAB (Counsel Psychotherapy and Central Awarding Body) 2017
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Programme (MBSR) Teacher Training, 2018