Grinneas nan Eilean: The Islands Open Exhibition will return to An Lanntair in 2017 and for the first time ever will be held in high summer.
The exhibition will be held from 17th June to 29th July 2017.
Official opening Saturday 17th June at 5pm. All are welcome!
Less an open exhibition than a community installation, Grinneas dates back to the 1970’s and pre-dates An Lanntair. It is the opportunity for practicing artists who are residents or from the Western Isles to be displayed at a major public gallery.
Hundreds of works are submitted covering all the known disciplines, painting, printmaking, sculpture, photography, ceramics, textiles… presented by professionals, amateurs and enthusiasts alike. It is no exaggeration to say that there is something for everyone.
The overall impact is impressive as the works climb the walls in true salon fashion, while the detailed viewing has all the hallmarks of a treasure hunt as visitors scan the panorama of art for that special work
Conditions of Entry (Entry is now closed)
- An Lanntair will take 30% sales commission (inclusive of VAT)
- Each work must be clearly marked with the title/artist/selling price on the back.
- All works must be ready to hang, with fittings – no clip frames please.
- Claim for damage or loss will be assumed to be equal to the selling price, or stated value.
- Work to be brought to the gallery from Monday 5th June and no later than Saturday 10th June
- The exhibition closes on 29th July.
- Any work not collected by 31st August will be donated to the Bethesda Charity shop.
- We reserve the right not to include works e.g. for reasons of size, content, over-representation within the exhibition, or if previously exhibited at GnE