An Lanntair’s Artist Support Programme is recruiting for mentors and mentees. The programme covers disciplines of design and art, including writing and performing arts. Please note that when the word artist is used in the following information, this includes all creative disciplines.
About being a Mentee
Our Mentee programme is for people of all ages and backgrounds who are island based.
Designers and artists who want to be a Mentee must show evidence of their commitment to their art, and efforts to progress their career. To demonstrate this we ask that you produce examples of your work – this can be from the past, but it would be good to have examples that represent what you are trying to achieve now.
Clarify what you are aiming for in your work. What you want to achieve and in what timescale. For example: “I want guidance over the next 12 months to develop a series of short stories.”
Apply to be a Mentee
Please email email@example.com with the following information:
· A description of your art, and the work you are doing.
· Your experience as an artist.
· Tell us about your work and what your goals are.
· Tell us why you want to be a Mentee, and what you hope to gain from the experience.
Please send up to 10 examples of your work, these should be sent as links or files.
(If you need any help to prepare this material, please get in touch with Sandra Kennedy, our Artist Support Coordinator who will be very happy to help.)
About being a Mentor
A Mentor should hold a degree or equivalent experience and have been working in their art form for a significant number of years.
Mentors should have completed a body of work for example: A solo exhibition, a recorded album, or have directed a film. If the Mentor is a designer they should have a track record of producing work for clients.
A strong desire to assist emerging artists or designers is essential, and will give you huge satisfaction when your mentees reach their milestones.
The rate of pay will be according to the industry standard for 2019 this is £35.65 per hour.
Apply to be a Mentor
If you are an experienced practitioner in your art form and wish to apply to be a Mentor please email Sandra Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
· A description of your art form.
· A summary of your professional experience, and why you would be a good Mentor.
· Description of how you have helped emerging artists in the past, or your experience of formal mentoring.
· It would be good to know whether you want training in any aspects of mentoring.
Please tell us anything else you think is relevant.