Check this page for opportunities to work with us, volunteer with us, and submit proposals to our arts programme.
Work with us
Café Bar Assistant(s)
An Lanntair is currently recruiting for Café Bar Assistant(s).
An Lanntair Arts Centre is home to up to six local and international exhibitions in the main gallery every year. The auditorium hosts fantastic events and live performances in addition to an enjoyable cinema experience.
An Lanntair’s café bar is closely aligned to its artistic programming and our objective is for a distinctive offer, resonating with the Outer Hebrides, one which is contemporary and reflects current thinking, both artistic and culinary. Local and seasonal produce will be showcased.
The applicant must be a people person, customer and solutions-focused, and work harmoniously with colleagues, constantly aiming to heighten the experience of our visitors and exceed expectations.
This is the perfect opportunity to work in a lively café bar atmosphere. We offer a friendly and creative work environment, a good work life balance and an opportunity to learn new skills.
• To to be committed and hard working
• To have optimum availability for shifts throughout the week, day and evening.
• To take orders and service customers at the bar and at the café bar tables.
• To ensure the workplace is maintained to a clean, hygienic and tidy state at all times.
• To wear full and correct uniform at all times.
• To be punctual for work.
• To be flexible in your work and assist colleagues as required.
• Ensure responsible service of alcohol policies are implemented at all times
• Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of bar and restaurant areas at all times
• Maintain hygiene and safety standards
• Take restaurant bookings, recording all vital information as per procedure
• Operate till system and ensure a high level of honesty and efficiency
• Ensure the safety of staff and customers at all times
• Handle or direct complaints according to guidelines and in a way that satisfies customers
• Carry out other duties, as advised, from time to time
• Experience of working in catering, café bar or restaurant operation.
• Excellent team working skills
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills and an excellent manner with members of the public and colleagues.
• An understanding of the visual arts and performing arts.
• A knowledge and understanding (or willingness to learn) of the Gaelic language and culture.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to review the above carefully and submit a Letter of Application, setting out the ways in which they meet the requirements of this role, and their Curriculum Vitae by post or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st August 2018.
Please feel free to contact Lewis Spence on 01851 708485 or email: email@example.com to ask any questions.
Volunteer with us
We are always happy to hear from people interested in volunteering with us. Please contact our Head of Education and Outreach, Joe Mahony, if you are interested in volunteering in any area of our activities firstname.lastname@example.org
An Lanntair’s exhibitions programme is a curated programme, led by our Head of Visual Arts and Literature, Roddy Murray. This means we actively research and select the artists and exhibitions that we feel contribute to the ethos and mission statement of the organisation and our programming principles. We aim to programme exhibitions of national or international weight and complexity in the Main Gallery, and a celebration of local and emerging artists and the work from residencies and outreach programmes in the public spaces on the Mezzanine walkway and Café Bar areas.
The exhibitions programme is established up to three years in advance. Whilst the majority of our exhibitions develop from the above mentioned curatorial process, we are however always interested in receiving expressions of interest from individuals or agencies for exhibitions with us here at An Lanntair.
If you are interested in proposing an exhibition here at An Lanntair, we ask that you contact Roddy Murray, Head of Visual Arts and Literature email@example.com. Roddy will then provide details on the process for submitting an expression of interest.
All proposals incoming to the visual arts team are reviewed three times a year and feedback is provided.
An Lanntair’s Performing Arts Programme stretches across a diverse range of mediums and is led by our Head of Performing Arts and Cinema, Alex Macdonald. At the heart of all our programming in the Performing Arts Programme there is a desire to present and promote Gaelic and traditional arts, whilst at the same time profiling the highest quality national and international acts for our audiences. We programme everything from theatre, comedy, dance, music – traditional, classical, jazz and contemporary – and film in our multi-purpose auditorium here at An Lanntair.
The Performing Arts Programme is established up to two years in advance. If you are interested in putting forward a proposal for our programme, we ask that you contact Alex Macdonald, our Head of Performing Arts and Cinema firstname.lastname@example.org. Alex will then provide you with details on the process for submitting a proposal.
All proposals incoming to the performing arts team are reviewed every six weeks.
Education and Outreach
An Lanntair has a diverse Education and Outreach Programme, working across the arts and with a plethora of groups; from pre-school to care homes for the elderly. The education and outreach programme is led by our two Heads of Education and Outreach (job share), Moira Macdonald and Joe Mahony, and takes its inspiration from the visual arts, performing arts and literature programme on offer at An Lanntair. The team develop projects and activities around the themes of the creative programme. The team are also continuously consulting and researching audiences to support the programming process. There are also special projects for which we have sought specific funding to develop new audiences. For example, the most recent programme looking to build an arts-based dementia friendly community.
If you are interested in putting forward a proposal for our Education and Outreach programme or working with our team in any way, we ask that you contact Moira Macdonald, our Head of Education and Outreach email@example.com. Moira will then provide you with details on the process for doing this.